Tuesday, 13 December 2011

Nokishita Toshokan | Explore and Relax


During my recent trip to Japan, I was very delighted to start my journey in the small village of Nishiawakura in the Okayama prefecture.  I stayed in Nokishita Toshokan, a family-owned Bed and Breakfast, with warm welcoming hosts who also happen to be my friends. I indulged everything including traditionally-made Japanese breakfast and treats.

In Nishiawakura you set foot in a countryside surrounded by kaki trees, mountains, pine tree woods and rice fields. In Nokishita Toshokan you experience the daily life of Hiromi and Olivier based on their values while keeping Japanese traditions and staying in touch with nature. 
A fusion of culture with a taste of France, and even the French Caribbean, through their bakery 'Hugo et Léo' where you can indulge fresh bread, croissant, pain au chocolat, brioche, quiche and much more; also a great spot to meet the locals. No need to feel shy if your Japanese is far from existent.
No one will hold it against you, for they are are keen to get to know you.                                 
A unique destination worth the trip where you can relax, explore and leave reinvigorated. Take time to explore other unfamiliar areas other than Tokyo, the way I have touched base in Nishiawakura.





















2 comments:

Aledys Ver said...

Amazing place. As I began reading, I wondered how you had come to find this place that didn't sound at all familiar. What a privilege to live surrounded by all that beauty. It really looks like an ideal place to relax and get to enjoy the surroundings.

AggieLap said...

It's really a nice place. I was there visiting some friends. Hope to go back again some other time in the future.

Post a Comment