Thursday, 11 February 2010

Nelson Mandela | 20 years freedom anniversary


What happened 20 years ago on 11 February 1990? Nelson Mandela, turning 92 in July, tasted freedom after 27 years spent in prison in his own country, South Africa. 

To mark this day,  ZAM magazine is organising an event @ 19:30 in the Lloyd Hotel in Amsterdam to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Mr Mandela release from prison, which includes a mini exhibition called 'Free Nelson Mandela'.                  

[Photos: courtesy of Getty Images Europe]



4 comments:

Aledys Ver said...

I would've liked to attend - pity that I'm rather far from A'dam. I've been watching the film "Mrs. Mandela" on the BBC, it was very good.
Thanks for sharing this information!

aggieLap said...

I wish I could have attended myself but would have been too late.

A Touch of Dutch said...

It's already been 20 years! I still can remember when this happened. Thanks for sharing this & have a great weekend :-)

aggieLap said...

So do I, still have a fresh memory of that day. Moving! Thanks for stopping by Aledys and Isabella!

Post a Comment