Friday, 27 November 2009

photo of the day | oh dear! deer, deer, deer


Photo shot at the Amsterdamse Waterleidingduinen, which a dune, woods and water nature reserve located in Zuid-Kennemerland in the province of Noord-Holland in the Netherlands, with also variety of wildlife, and stretches for 3500 hectare between Zandvoort, Bloemendaal, Noordwijkerhout and Noordwijk. Further information can also be found (in Dutch) on Waternet.nl (the company who owns AWD), Natuurbelandawd.nl or IVN.  Capturing wildlife, hence in this case these deers, requires a lot of patience regardless of the weather condition, and I am pleased that it had finally paid off the couple of times I have ventured myself into these beautiful woods.

2 comments:

Aledys Ver said...

Lovely shot, Aggie! I can imagine that you had to spend some time there, waiting for the opportunity. I hope you were wearing warm clothes! :o)
I remember last year in Argentina, during a walk in a national park, we were surprised by an stampede of quite a few of these beauties. I think that we were as scared by their sudden appearance and they were by our presence!

A g g i e Lap said...

It must be nice as well to see them in a beautiful place like Argentina! I'd love to see that some day!!

Post a Comment